Photographing newborns is incredibly rewarding but also very challenging because they don’t take direction, they can’t be bribed and they can’t sit up. Here are a few tips to keep in mind when photographing a newborn…
1. Make sure you have time and you are patient. Most likely they will need a bottle or diaper change during your session.
2. Find beautiful light to put these special little ones in to show off their natural beauty. Strobe lights can disrupt the babies so natural light works best.
3. Make sure you have a few additional hands around to help.
4. Find some really cute accessories to dress the baby up in, i.e. hats, scarves, booties, etc.
5. Try and have fun or be willing to abort if the baby is cranky. You can also put the baby to bed and create great sleeping images of him/her.