Fall is almost upon us but there is still time to make that beautiful portrait on the beach. Here are a few tips to keep in mind.
1. Try and shoot later in the day when the sun is lower so the shadows aren’t too harsh and the light is a golden color.
2. Make sure everyone is having fun. Bring toys, snacks, drinks etc. to make it an enjoyable time.
3. Remember if you are photographing a group clothing choice really matters. No clashing colors, patterns, logos, etc.
4. Keep up your energy to keep things moving along. Subjects will be more excited and playful!
5. It’s always good to have an extra set of hands to help you out.
6. Try different angles and lenses. Get down low and shoot a variety of close ups and wide shots.
Here are some samples from a shoot I recently did.
(Check out karen haberberg photography for additional images.)